Candidate seminars for the Auckland Council elections
The seminars are designed for potential candidates for Auckland Council roles to provide information about:
- The new local government structure in Auckland
- Roles and responsibilities of elected representatives
- legislative processes relating to elected representatives
- Decision-making – meetings, agendas etc
- Expectations – time commitment, personal and family impact, impact on work
- Conflict of interest
- The electoral process and timetable.
The seminar I attended last night (after Jan Gehl’s brilliant presentation at the Aotea Centre) was really informative and highlighted just how much there is to get to grips with under teh new Auckland Council governance arrangements.
More information here on the new Auckland Council website.