I was elected Councillor on Auckland Council, representing the Waitematā and Gulf ward, in October 2019 after having served nine years on the Waitematā Local Board as Deputy Chair and Chair for the 2016 – 2019 term.
I hold the following positions:
- Deputy Chair, Environment and Climate Change Committee
- Co-Chair, Hauraki Gulf Forum
- Member, Auckland City Centre Advisory Board (ACCAB)
- Board Member, Local Government New Zealand National Council
- Member, Auckland Domain Committee
- Member, Appointments and Performance Review Committee
- Member, Joint Governance Working Party
- Member, Waste Political Advisory Group
My maiden speech to the inaugural governing body meeting on 5 November 2019.